Sunday, February 8, 2015











Moments from last Sunday: Maple brown sugar lattes, McKenzie, Salem.

I don't have words to match these photos. But this semester has been really hard so far. 
I'm putting a lot of my own self worth into how well received my instagram photos are. Yes, judge me! You should, because it's so stupid. It's also incredibly toxic to care so much about what  (mostly strangers) people think of my photos. Not even my "real" photos! Or to put thought into a photo and have it only get a couple likes, but to post something really flippantly and have it get three times as many? It doesn't make sense to me. I hate me too, don't worry, reader. 

Things that are stressful: car troubles...so many car troubles, committing to a job you have never done/don't know how to do, endless snowstorms, money, being a good TA, leading discussion on reading you didn't really do, workshopping a script, new churches, new people (friends?) who are too cool, yoga, yoga poses, headstands, photo shoots, essays on poems you didn't read, film projects. 

Things I am avoiding because they are too stressful: all of the above.

But today was a good day. Laughing is a good way to not be stressed out about everything else in life. Sitting in a church surrounded by other people your age and learning about Jesus is good for that too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment