Friday, March 22, 2013

FRIDAY//updates

You know, being in college, I feel pretty lame spending my Friday nights the way that I do. But after a whole week of being super busy and social, I kind of love just sitting in my room by myself, watching a movie or doing my laundry or going to bed really early (ha, or not). It's like a big sigh after a long week (especially this week back after spring break...killer). So, here I sit, updating my blog!

1. I got a job! This summer I'll be working as a videographer for a Christian summer camp in VT :) I'm really excited about it, and God definitely opened this door for me!

2. This week I went to the gym for 5 days in a row! (record breaker for me)

3. Today my loves from home came to visit me (Emily and Kylie)! We went to the mall(s) and poked around and ate Chik-fil-a and it was just the sort of retail therapy I needed, and I found my Easter dress. Also the last time I'll be seeing Em until CANADA!...

4. I'm going to Canada, to camp with my best friends and some awesome guy friends! Literally the moment we're all home after school gets out, we're packing up one car and road tripping it 10 hours to Prince Edward Island. We are all so stoked (or as Ema would say, juiced).

5. Today after MUCH anticipation and patience, I got my birthday present from the hobbit-kin! They sent me Les Miserables on DVD, and it took so long because it wasn't out yet ;). It was a great surprise. Love them.



after 4 days of gym, and my dress from online :)




dem girls




The last 2 photos are from my latest photography class assignment. We had to take a photo which portrayed a deeper meaning, particularly faith based (at least that was my understanding of the prompt). So my idea comes from the idea that God makes beautiful and alive things out of death, out of dust. 

WOOH. Okay. Back to folding laundry. I know, crazy way to kick off the weekend, right?

God has been blessing me like c-r-aaa-z-y this week, and while he will never defend me OF my "adversaries", he will defend me IN them, for His greater glory. I love that. 

I hope your weeks were good, and your Holy Week is even greater,

k

1 comment: