Thursday, July 10, 2014









I'm halfway through my summer working at BBC. 4 weeks in feels like forever, but also not enough. Looking at 4 more weeks feels so short, and like all good things, it will. 

Sometimes, when I'm not caught up in it, I remember that this is my job. I'm getting paid to do this, to make videos and tell people the story of camp. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve such a good thing. 

Things you need to know about this summer:
1. I don't totally suck at my job anymore. Sometimes I actually do a really good job. 
2. Campers are officially one of my very favorite parts of camp. I know I know...I think last year I was too focused on relationships with staff, and too fearful of what campers thought of me. But seeing returning campers and new campers and having them remember my name and what I do, and even wanting to help me...it's the best. 
3. Jesus is really really really important. 
4. Gopro selfies are better than all other selfies
5. Camp is basically a very big hill, and no matter how many times I walk up it, I always feel like I'm dying. 
6. The STARS. No light pollution up here. 
7. I have consumed at least one, if not 2 maple creemees (maple flavored soft serve) every weekend since arriving.
8. Last summer I was forcibly an extrovert, afraid to be alone. This summer...I don't love being alone, but I so greatly appreciate the times when I get to be alone, literally or just in my head. 
9. Snap backs.
10. I'm so thankful to be here, doing this, right now. While I'm nervous for what's to come in my life, I am cared for by a God who tells me not to worry about tomorrow. 
"You know what they say, Don't Worry"




No comments:

Post a Comment