Friday, September 12, 2014

LIFE! Update

I'm terrible at blogging. But you already knew that, so...moving on.

1. I have an internship! It's at a camera rental warehouse and it's the one I have been eyeing since I applied to LAFSC. PTL, seriously this whole internship experience is such a God thing (what a Christianese thing to say) but seriously. If I had my way, I would have secured this weeks ago, had a better interview, felt more confident. But even the way in which it happened...I would not have timed it differently. I think it took me seriously leaning into God throughout this process, struggling a lot and worrying some, but ultimately praying a lot and trusting that God would take care of this need.

1.0. So this internship...is great. One day and I am learning so much about cameras and equipment and why lenses are important and all that etc etc camera terms junk etc. And I work with great people. And, well...so my commute is an hour each way, and I walk a ways to a bus, and then get on a train, and walk another mile maybe to my internship (Dad, are you proud? It's like I'm walking to school!) But I really like being on a train or on a bus. Especially now that I know which ones to take :)

2. This semester one of my classes is spent making a short film. I get to be a Director of Photography, or Cinematographer. Which is a dream and I'm so excited.

3. I need to stop eating In N Out and SK Donuts. It is a PROBLEM.

4. Shout out to my parents and my grandparents- thanks for care packages and love and stuff. I feel so supported and cared for even from so far away.

5. Pacific Ocean is pretty rad.

6. I am really genuinely loving this semester so much more than I ever expected. (Shout out to Cheeks, for calling this out! I didn't expect to love camp either)

That's pretty much it. Time is flying, which is good, but I know I'll be sad to see this semester end. But when December is so far from right now, I'm definitely okay with being excited to get home :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment